What I think about rights of clients.
These I believe need to be the right of all clients.
My post is about my proposal for the rights of all patients. By this I indicate both in and out clients. It includes physical and psychological conditions. By no ways is the list listed below implied to be exhaustive. It is merely a beginning. Possibly you could consider this as start of a dialogue. If you have any legitimate suggestions feel totally free to add them in your comments.
The two exceptions to these rights would be individuals too incapacitated either by a developmental impairment or mental illness. In that case a reputable guardian must be selected. By reputable I imply an individual who can be relied on to make noise choices and is able and ready to do so.
Another note. Only a little portion of patient’s in psychiatric healthcare facilities are not able to make their own choices affecting their care.
Undoubtedly opinionated, but not dogmatic. It’s just my viewpoint and it’s fully realized that everyone can agree or not.
Ideally at least some readers out there will be agreeing with me.
The list here is not in order of significance, simply due to the fact that they are considered equally crucial.
1. Be treated with dignity and regard.
2. Participate totally in all decisions about one’s treatment
3. Demand changes in treatment or services.
4. Decline treatment or services if one really thinks one
can not endure such treatment.
5. If surgical treatment is suggest to understand the dangers, the advantages and if there are any alternative treatments to surgery.
6. Know the name, the factor for taking, possible side effects, unfavorable reactions, when to call the doctor and how to take medication.
7. Decline to take prescription medications if you truly feel you can not tolerate them and ask about options if any.
8. Have your family involved or not.
9. No participation in speculative treatment unless permitted by you and only with complete disclosure of threats and advantages.
10. No verbal, physical abuse, extreme, unjust treatment.
11. To have grievances heard, a fast action and no mistreatment as an outcome of such problem. This particularly uses to HMOs.
12. File a complaint if problem not fixed to one’s fulfillment.
14. All rights of being of being a citizen of what ever country you are f rom need to be promoted.
Well that’s it. Now it’s your turn to let me understand what you think.